Posts for tag: dentures
Most of us are familiar with full dentures, but they're not the only option when it comes to restoring your lost teeth. Our Centralia, WA, dentists, Dr. Steven Ash and Dr. Brian Roberts of Ash & Roberts, DDS, offer several denture types you may want to consider if you're planning to improve your smile.
What type of dentures can I choose?
When you visit our Centralia office, we may recommend one or more of these denture types:
- Full Dentures: Full dentures consist of a row of artificial teeth mounted on a pink base designed to resemble your gum tissue. The dentures rest against your gums and are held in place by suction and denture adhesive. If you'll be wearing dentures for the first time, you'll need to wait for your mouth to heal after your extractions before you can receive your full dentures.
- Immediate Dentures: You'll receive immediate dentures as soon as your teeth are removed. Prior to the extraction appointment, you'll visit our office where an impression of your mouth will be made. The impression will be used to create attractive false teeth that look completely natural in your mouth. Immediate dentures are usually replaced with full dentures once your mouth heals.
- Overdentures: Overdentures are designed to fit over tooth remnants. Retaining remnants with healthy roots, rather than pulling them, will help your jaw remain stronger, as the roots will stimulate your jawbone.
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures are an option if you only need to replace several teeth. Unlike full and immediate dentures, these dentures aren't held in place by suction and dental adhesive. They're attached to teeth on either side of the gap with small hooks.
- Implant-Retained Dentures: Implant-retained dentures are the latest restoration option. Before you receive this type of denture, four to eight dental implants are placed in your jawbone. The implants are made of titanium, a type of metal that bonds to your jawbone during a three to six month period. Removable or fixed dentures are attached to the implants or a metal framework attached to the implants. Implant-retained dentures are more comfortable because they don't slip and also provide better biting power.
Do you still need a little help deciding which type of dentures are best for you? Call our Centralia, WA, dentists, Dr. Ash and Dr. Roberts of Ash & Roberts, DDS, at (360) 736-8380 to schedule an appointment.
Are you suffering from tooth loss? Find out how dentures could help.
When people think about dentures they often think that this is a restoration that only older adults get. Not so fast! Dental technology has come a long way over the decades, making it possible to get sleeker, stronger and more realistic dental restorations. Our Centralia, WA, dentists, Dr. Steven Ash and Dr. Brian Roberts, are here to tell you how your smile could possibly benefit from getting dentures.
Whether you are faced with complete tooth loss or you are just missing a couple of teeth, our Centralia general dentists have just the thing you’ve been looking for: dentures. Sure, they may not seem impressive at first glance but these tooth replacements do offer some great benefits for those looking to replace their missing teeth.
In fact, dentures are a great way to:
- Restore chewing and speaking
- Improve your bite
- Enhance your appearance
- Boost your self-esteem
If you still have some healthy teeth remaining then we will recommend that you get partial dentures. If you need to replace all of your teeth then full dentures will be the best approach.
Dentures are a great option for those who can’t undergo surgery, who aren’t right for dental implants, who are looking for a quick and non-invasive way to replace their missing teeth and those who are on a budget. We know that some people don’t like the idea of having to wait to get dental implants. Some people just aren’t good candidates for this treatment, but dentures can still give them back the smile they want. Dentures make it possible for anyone to get their beautiful smiles back.
If you are missing all or most of your teeth then it’s time you turned to a dental expert in Centralia, WA, who can make your smile right again. Call Ash & Roberts, DDS today to find out what we can do to replace your missing teeth.
Learn about dentures from your Centralia dentists!
Do you want to restore your smile? Dentures are appliances that are custom made to replace an individual's missing teeth and restore the appearance and oral functions that were lost. Dr. Steven Ash and Dr. Brian Roberts at Ash & Roberts, DDS located in Centralia, WA, provide exceptional denture services. Read on to learn about the different types of dentures that are available.
A complete denture is used when all of the individual's teeth are missing. Complete dentures are made of a gum-colored plastic base and support a full set of porcelain or plastic teeth. Complete dentures are removable replacements for all your teeth. A complete denture will give you the ability to eat, speak and smile with confidence.
A partial denture is used when only some of the teeth are missing. Partial dentures consist of porcelain, acrylic or plastic teeth attached to a gum-colored base that is made of plastic. Partial dentures are removable and patients can remove and reinsert it when required without professional help. A partial denture will enhance your appearance and improve the quality of your life.
An overdenture is attached to either two dental implants or two mini-implants. The overdenture, which is removable, is secured to your dental implants through retentive attachments incorporated into the denture. An overdenture will slow bone loss by stimulating the bone in your jaw and help retain your facial features and structure.
Conventional dentures are not supported by dental implants. An implant-supported denture is attached to implants. An implant-supported denture can be used if you do not have any natural teeth, but have enough bone to support implants. The dental implants provide constant stimulation to the jawbone, which will help protect against bone loss.
If you’ve lost your teeth, whether from tooth decay, peridontal disease or an injury, replacing your lost teeth will benefit your health and appearance. Ash & Roberts, DDS offers state-of-the-art dentures to their patients. If you want to get your smile back, call Ash & Roberts, DDS in Centralia, WA at (360) 736-8380 today to schedule an appointment.